Christian University GlobalNet values the privacy of our Web site visitors. We have created this privacy statement in order to disclose information gathering and dissemination practices for this Web site. This privacy statement was last updated on 12/20/10.
Information collected on this site will be used according to the following guidelines:
1. Contact Us. We use e-mail links located on various areas of the site to allow you to contact us directly with any questions, comments, or requests you may have. This information is used to respond to your questions, comments, and requests. We may also file your comments to improve the site and program, or review and discard the information. We do not provide any information to third parties.
2. Logged Files and Cookies. When you log onto the Internet, your ISP automatically assigns an IP address to your computer. Web servers identify your computer by its IP address, and we use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers, to administer our Web site, and to constantly improve the value of the materials available on the Web site. We do not link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable.
CUGN may collect individually identifiable information (such as name, mailing address, e-mail address, and phone number) from all who purchase products offered in connection with ChristianUniversityGlobalNet.com. The information is used to (a) deliver products and services; (b) analyze and monitor visitor and customer activity; (c) promote and support the products and services offered; (d) help plan the future development of the site and the products and services offered; and (e) develop a knowledge base regarding Web site users and customers.
a. We have entered into agreements with trusted agents and business members who provide support services and equipment necessary for CUGN to provide their products and services. We may share data with these trusted agents and business associates. For example, if you make a purchase from us, the information you provide will be collected by our processing agent, and your credit card information will be provided to our credit card processor so that we can complete the sale.
b. If you enroll in a course, we may collect information about you that is shared with the course instructors and fellow students who have enrolled in that course. Please do not submit information that you do not wish to have shared. Information about your courses, test results, and progress is stored in the CUGN database and is available to you and to the administrators of the site. Your course records and test results are available to you as a student after you login and create a CUGN account. If for any reason you are unable to access your records, please contact us at .
c. Occasionally, we may send out course surveys for student feedback on the course, course management system, faculty, etc. This information will be used entirely by us to improve our products and services.
d. We may be required to disclose personal information by applicable law or in connection with the enforcement of contract or property rights. We are a not-for-profit organization and will not sell or give your personal information to anyone, except that we may share the information with a subsidiary company or our parent corporation for purposes relating to the operation of CUGN.
4. Security. Protecting your privacy and your information is a top priority at CUGN. We use commercially reasonable means to protect the integrity of its Web site and the confidentiality of collected data. Our employees are aware of our privacy and security policies and your information is only accessible to those employees who need it in order to perform their jobs. However, we cannot provide absolute assurance against, and will not be liable for, any breaches of confidentiality due to system failures or unauthorized access by third parties.
5. Restrictions. The CUGN Web site is intended for users who are 18 years of age or older. If you are not 18 years of age or older, do not submit any information to us.
6. Update User Information. Reasonable access to personally identifiable information will be provided within 60 days at no cost to the user. If access cannot be provided within that timeframe, We will provide the user a date when the information will be provided. If for some reason access is denied, we will provide an explanation as to why access has been denied.
7. Links. The site contains links to other Web sites. We encourage you to visit these Web sites to learn about their privacy policies as theirs may differ from ours. We encourage you to read the privacy statement of any Web site you may visit.
© Copyright Christian University GlobalNet and RBC Ministries. All rights reserved.